cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFA/WFP vs SAC - Differences & Similarities?

DaveC1
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi All,

Reaching out with a question relating to WFA/WFP vs SAP Analytics Cloud.

More or less looking for an explanation on the differences between the two, as well as the similarities.

It seems to me that both tie into a similar function of the business model, but I'm curious as to why I would/should use one over the other.

Any insight here would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

View Entire Topic
ErikEbertDK
Contributor

Hi dave.cianfrani

The blog mentioned is not bad, although it is not called "SAC embedded" any longer but "Report Story"

Workforce Analytics allows you to analyse metrics over time. Such as Headcount, Hires, Terminations, Promotions. Workforce Analytics comes in two technology versions: WFA on HANA and WFA on SQL. The latter is the older one and can be implemented by SAP only (not partners). WFA on HANA is easier and faster to implement but has fewer metric packs available.

Report Story is the built in version of SAP Analytics Cloud. It is available in SuccessFactors Report Center. It allows to report on data as of a current date (and only with limited support for analysing data over time). It allows to report on metrics such as Headcount, Open Requisitions, hires past X months"!

SAP Analytics Cloud is a standalone tool that allows to blend HR data with other data. SAC also has a Planning Option that allows to use it for Operational Headcount Planning as well as Strategic Workforce Planning.

As a rule of thumb you can say:

• Report Story: Where are we now (who are we, what people do we employ, what are they doing)
  • Workforce Analytics: Where we have been (what has happened historically)
  • Workforce Planning: Where we are going, both medium term (operational headcount planning) and longer term (strategic planning)

Together, these solutions form a foundation for People Analytics.

Best regards

Erik Ebert, GP Strategies

sandeeprapaga
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This helps. Appreciate the info shared Erik Ebert

jthurana_abeam
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Appreciate for the info, thanks.