cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What about already existing authorization objects by using Fiori ?

TommyM
Explorer
0 Kudos

Creating backend authorizations for a business role can be done like described in the document from Gilbert.

https://www.sap.com/documents/2017/09/440f5818-d37c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.html

But one problem isn't solved by that way. If you migrate from ECC to S4 normally you are using already an authorizations.

Now, for example you are already using authorization objects for transactions or actions (change, create, display....)

If I create additional authorizations based on the new fiori business roles the problem occurs, that the same authorization object is defined in different roles. And now ?? The previous defined authorizations often have no useage any more.

How can I solve that ?? How can I see which authorization object is used multiple by one user in different specification???

Thanks for your advise.

BR Thomas

View Entire Topic
deepak-kalra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi thomas.menges,

For S/4 HANA conversion projects SAP has provided "simplification items" for every release. This simplification items helps to understand the impact on programs, tables, transactions and authorization objects. The simplification item catalog provides customers with a description of all relevant changes that might have an impact when converting from SAP ERP to SAP S/4HANA or SAP BW to SAP BW/4HANA. Within each topic, which is referred to as a "simplification item", corresponding SAP Notes and mitigation possibilities are documented.

Reference: Simplification Item Catalog
Link: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/sic/

When there is a SAP upgrade, its recommended to execute SU25 to transfer the new auth. defaults and run specific steps. You can also check object level changes by looking at tables like USOBT_CD, USOBX_CD etc.

If there are any inconsistency in USOBT,USOBT_C,USOBX & USOBX_C even after SU25 steps then perform expert mode sync.

Reference: SAP Note 440231 - SU25 | FAQ: Upgrade postprocessing for Profile Generator

I hope its helpful.

Regards
Deepak