cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why setup table concept for LO data sources only..?

venkat_korivi
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

I have gone through many SCN threds for commented in Subject, but any where i did not get proper explination.

Request you to all please help for the same.

My question again: Why Set up table concept for LO data source only.

Thanks,

Chinna.

View Entire Topic
aparnami
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

Let me try to explain you in brief:

Because LO is the area where every organization whether it is small, medium or big. They will have huge no. of transaction or records as compare to other module like HR, COPA.

Application table contains all these transaction records. Set up table will have all the fields which we have selected into the pool(communication structure). Since we are having huge no. of records so data extraction from the ECC table to BWwill become very critical. So in the ECC, they have introduced the set up table concept so data transfer to the set up table from application table will be more faster as compare to BW. Just consider the example of copying a file from one drive to another in windows system and compare it to copying a file from one drive to pen drive.

Which one will be fast, of course copying data from one drive to another drive with in the same system will be faster.

So thats why they introduce the concept of set up table.

I hope this will give a clear understanding.

Many Thanks.

Br,

Arpan Parnami

jay_reddy1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arpan,

I have quick question here,

Any small/Big organization has huge number of records in FI tables like BKPF,BSEG,FAGLFLEXA,FAGLFLEXAT(FI transcations are huge compare to any other LO transactions)

then y SAP not introduced setup table concept in FI?