cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write variable values as text in popup

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm playing arond with the BPC live API of SAC at the moment. I would like to write text + variable values to a popup. So basically this sounds very simple but does not seem to be because typecasting seems to be way more difficult in SAC script than in real programming languages where this is most of the time done automatically in modern languages.

var value1 = Table_1.getDataSource().getVariableValues('ICUPRN_0DISTR_CHAN_VERTRIEBSW1');

//Type Array

console.log(value1);

//should return one single value

var value2 = value1.pop();

console.log(value2);

//The result of pop in console log is: {value: '01', type: 'Single'} - so basically I would like to write the 01 in a text in the popupwindow

//The following command is not possible - Conversion VariableValue in String not possible - my assumption would be that it should not be difficult to cast a value '01' to string

cast(Type.string,value2);

//Write a text which is based on a static part and a variable. This meens 18 schould be dynamic and based on the variable above.

var variable = '18';

//TextArea_1 and Text_2 are belonging to a popup and should be dynamic

TextArea_1.setValue(variable);

Text_2.applyText(variable);

Popup_1.open();

This seems to be a very easy request but turns out to be not so easy. Any ideas on that?

View Entire Topic

Hi Torsten,

You can extract the value part of the variable by using the property ".value".

So basically this is how it would look:

var value2 = value1.pop();

and

String final_val = value2.value; (you can try seeing .value comes up or not by putting "." period operator and hitting Ctrl+space on the keyboard)

now you can use final_val which is a string.

Best Regards

Tharun.

torsten_wirth
Participant

Hello Tharun,

I already tried this before posting. There is no ".value". When I use ctrl+space there is only type which I'm able to extract. But .value is not existing according to sac. "value is a not used property"

Best regards,

Torsten