cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Autocomplete in BAS

RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

Can someone please let me know if I need to configure something in BAS settings to make autocomplete work properly in XML views?

I created my project from Fiori free-style template. Editing an XML view the autocomplete doesn't seem to show the correct properties for SAPUI5 tags. We're at 1.71.53.

Here I was expecting showNavButton

Thanks

boghyon
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Did you select "SAP Fiori" when creating a new dev space from BAS?
Is the extension "UI5 Language Assistant" installed?

RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks. Can you point me to instructions on how to install "UI5 Language Assistant" in BAS

I've been looking in the documents and tutorials for the last 30 minutes, I can only find an installer for Visual Studio Code (installed version).

Thanks

maryana_naboka
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi rshafaiottawa,

This feature comes with the UI5 Language Assistant extension. Could you please let us know which dev space type you work in? If you work in the SAP BAS dev space of type Fiori, it should be installed by default.

You can check if it is pre-installed by searching for "@builtin ui5 lang" in the extensions pane. If it is found, could you please click on "UI5 Language Assistant" extension to see the version and let us know?

Looking forward to helping you with this

Mariana

View Entire Topic
maryana_naboka
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi rshafaiottawa ,

We have just updated the UI5 Language Assistant in Fiori dev space of SAP Business Application Studio. If you use Fiori dev space, could you please check if it works for you now?

Thanks

Mariana

RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mariana.

My dev space was Fiori, but the extension was not installed. I had to manually install it using your instructions.

It works now.

Thanks

Ramin.