cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote R Server (Windows)

andrewbarlow1
Participant

Hi - are any of you using a Remote R server with SAP Analytics Cloud?

With regards to OS - I have seen information on using Ubuntu and Linux but was wondering if anybody had used the Windows version of R on a remote server?

We are just in the process of asking our infrastructure team to spin up a VM and if it can be windows it makes life a bit easier for us.

I just need to know if a Windows Server hosting the windows version of R is a supported configuration when connecting back to SAC.

Any help appreciated.

Isab3ll
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I would like to use the R Visualization Widget in SAC and have the same question as you. Have you been succesfull with a VM and if so, would you mind describing the process step by step? Thanks a lot. Greetings from Germany.

andrewbarlow1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Isabell,

In the end we went down the Linux route instead of a windows VM. I seem to remember that there were some complications raised by infrastructure.

While looking into this everything I seemed to read pointed us down the Linux route so there was also more documentation to fall back on.

SAP Blog

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ShailendarAnugu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Andrew,

it's okay to have windows server with R installation, but make sure this server is reachable from Internet.

for TLS requriements, refer to https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/3231708

Thanks,

Shailu.

andrewbarlow1
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Shailu.

Answers (0)