Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement for Gauge charts in SAP analytics Cloud

former_member258682
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a requirement in which we want to show 2 measures together in a Gauge chart for e.g. Actual & Target value.

I know we can create R visualization for the same, but unfortunately they are not supported in Mobile.

I was able to create attached chart using Bar chart which shows 2 measures one as Bar (in yellow) other as Triangle and also shows variance in green color.

Can anyone suggest what will be the best way to display similar information using standard SAC charts in SAC.

bar-chart.png.

Thanks,

Sarthak

Hi sarthak.srivastava,

From this accepted answer from another user, the recommended way to display similar information as a gauge chart would be through a bullet chart as they can show the same values.

Hope this helps!

former_member258682
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello andrew.liu02 ,

Bullet chart will not work in our scenario, as I have mentioned we need to display 2 measure together in a Gauge, one is Actual other is Target as I have mentioned in attached bar chart (one as Bar (in yellow) other as Triangle and also shows variance in green color).

In bullet chart we if we want to display 2 measure it will actually create 2 bullets separately one for Actual another for Target.

Thanks,

Sarthak Srivastava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Tobias_Mueller
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Sarthek,

what Andrew stated is perfectly fine. There is a reason why we do not have Gauge charts as part of our standard chart library and this is because there are enough BestPractices out there showing how inefficient gauge charts are. The recommendation from a Best Practice perspective is to go with Bullet charts instead, which are available within SAC.

When i look into our customer usecases, what i find is that really a lot of our customers are simply using our Numeric Charts with the builtin Variance function to showcase the variance of Actual vs Plan, see this example:

BR,

TM