Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retraction of plan data into ACDOCP in the S/4 system

ralphkornack
Participant
0 Kudos

Problem description:

We have two small planning models in SAC. One model for cost centers and one model for WBS - elements.

The model for cost centers has 7 dimensions, including a version, an account dimension, a date, a dimension for the organizational structure and 3 generic dimensions (cost center, company code, controlling area). There are 69264 records in this model.

The model for WBS structures is similar.

The model for WBS structures has 7 dimensions, including a version, an account dimension, a date, a dimension for the organizational structure and 3 generic dimensions (WBS element, company code, controlling area). There are 35424 records in this model.

If I load the data from the models one by one into ACDOCP, then exactly the specified number of records is loaded.

Problem:

If I first load the data records of the cost center and then the data records of the WBS - elements, then after the loading process there are not the assumed 104,688 data records in the ACDOCP but 161,769 data records. So 57.108 records too much.

If I first load the data records of the WBS elements and then the data of the cost centers, then after the loading process there are not the assumed 104,688 data records in the ACDOCP but 117,888 data records. So 13.200 records too much.

What could be the reason for this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Susanne_Helbig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Dear r.kornack,

your export jobs are overlapping, means the plan data scope has similar settings and therefore some of the existing records on ACDOCP are set to zero.

Please have a look at the following example in the Help portal, it explains how the plan data scope is working.

Both export jobs need to be disjoint or you need to integrate WBS planning into your cost center planning model, to export only one model.

Within the Integrated Financial Planning business content, we deliver such a predefined model (SAP_FI_IFP_IM_OPEX) which contains of cost center and WBS planning.

Does this help?

Best regards
Susanne

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ralphkornack
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Thank you.

That is what I found:

So far, I have only analyzed the data quantitatively.

Now I have looked at the data qualitatively and the following was noticed:

If first the WBS - elements are loaded into the ACDOCP and then the cost centers, then a "clearing data record" is generated for the WBS - element, which sets the WBS - element to zero and has neither WBS - element nor cost center....

If the cost centers are loaded first and then the WBS - elements, then the cost centers are set to zero by clearing entries.

Why is this and can it be influenced?

N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ralphkornack

Not sure but as SAC posts -ve records to make the existing records 0 to always reflect the latest records in S4, that may be resulting in more records being posted. Refer to the below note for explanation.

3024231 - Does exporting data from SAP Analytics Cloud for Planning (SAC) to S/4HANA run in update m...

Hope this helps !!

Nikhil