Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S/4HANA readiness check: check failure

ennowulff
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey there!

we are facing the following issue when executing the ATC checks for S/4HANA readiness:

Object not checkable, due to inconsistent configuration: 		(3 Check Failures) 																																																																									
Check failures: 		(3 Check Failures) 																																																																																																																		
Object Name:RSNAST00  	 Object Type: PROG
The SAP-owned namespace /0SJ1G/ is in scope. SAP objects cannot be checked in this case.
Object Name:V60A  	 Object Type: FUGR
The SAP-owned namespace /0SJ1G/ is in scope. SAP objects cannot be checked in this case.
Object Name:V61B  	 Object Type: FUGR

At least the 1st failure come from an enhancement.

We have not figured out where the other two check failures come from.

Additionally the mentioned namespace /0SJ1G/ seems weird, because none of the objects belong to this namespace.

The reason why we cannot ignore these check failures is, that it prevents us from selecting the check run with "Analyze result in ATC problems view". If we do, no findings will be displayed.

From our point of view there are not SAP-notes that fit to the problem.

System information:

SAP_BASIS 758
SAP_ABA 75I

Does anyone have a clue, what we could check?

The system says: the SAP-owned namespace is in scope. But how can this namespace be in scope if we explicitely select a different package in the check run and mark "Include Objects from checkable namespaces"?

Thanks for any hint!

/edit:

I know put the enhancements in a new package and excluded this package from the search run. Now there are no more errors. But: The findings cannot be displayed. I found out that the following error in eclipse ATC problems view occurred:

ennowulff_0-1710852249425.png

An internal error occurred during: "Displaying result in ATC Problems View".

System failure: "SQL error SQL code: 4 occurred while accessing table SATC_CI_CF_E_BASE_NAC." (For detailed information, check the generated short dump in transaction ST22 of system "F4S")

/edit2

it seems as if the error ocurred only once. there is still "Findings: None", but no error anymore.

ennowulff
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe the namespace is missing here?

ennowulff_0-1710945669279.png

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ennowulff
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I applied the following work around:

I put the enhancements in a new package and excluded this package in the check run settings.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BjörnJüliger
Advisor
Advisor

Namespaces and enhancements in ATC - always fun! This is admittedly one of the most complicated parts of running ATC in a customer system, but let's see:

1. SAP objects like RSNAST00 appear in your set of checked objects because they are modified or enhanced, and either the enhancement is in the object set, or you have activated that modified objects should be checked (on the "Modified Objects" tab when defining an ATC run series).
  2. When modified or enhanced SAP objects are checked, the ATC uses the so-called "check scope" to determine whether the resulting findings are related to the customer modification or enhancement or not. If not, the finding will not be shown in the result. This scope is essentially a list of namespaces that are owned by the customer, see also note 2215288 which delivers the tool with which you can register namespaces for this scope. By default, all producer namespaces with a valid development license are included in the scope.
  3. The ATC "protects" SAP-owned namespaces with an exclusion list, so that customers cannot register these by accident. Since we know that there are various inconsistencies that can lead to this protection being circumvented (and this has in the past led to confusion with customers who then suddenly got ATC findings for SAP code, which of course they cannot fix), there's an additional check where we refuse to check any object that lies in an SAP-owned namespace if an SAP-owned namespace is in scope, since this would then lead to inconsistent results. The SAP object does not have to lie in the problematic namespace for this to happen. That's the explanation for the "The SAP-owned namespace /0SJ1G/ is in scope. SAP objects cannot be checked in this case." message you get. 
  4. So finally: For some reason, the ATC considers the namespace /0SJ1G/ to be in scope, but simultaneously the system considers this to be an SAP-owned namespace. The solution depends on what this namespace really is: If the namespace is actually an SAP-namespace, you/we need to figure out why it is considered in scope in this customer system (some special partner setup where they actually have a development license? Just inconsistent entries in TRNSPACE? something else?) If the namespace is not an SAP namespace, then it's probably inconsistent entries in the system.

As for the error in ADT: I don't know what "SQL error code 4" for your database is, but the dump should tell you a bit more - it might just be a (temporary) problem with your database instead of anything wrong with the ATC. In any case, this is completely unrelated to the namespace problem, the table mentioned in the error message is for the storage of customized ATC priorities. 

ennowulff
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your detailed comment, @BjörnJüliger ! at least your explanations fit to my expectations... 🙂 In my opinion it is an error of the check run which

1. finds a wrong namespace (/0SJ1G/ is the SAP-namespace "Localization Greece" which has nothing to do with the SAP objects found)
  2. does not recognize that the namespace is an SAP-namespace

Concerning the eclipse error: I aggree that this probably was a one time error due to some temporarily system incosistencies.

BjörnJüliger
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
That the namespace has nothing to do with the object in the check run is correct - that's what I tried to explain in point 3: In order to avoid inconsistencies, we do not check *any* SAP objects as soon as such an inconsistent namespace in the scope is detected, no matter whether there is actually an object from that namespace in the object set.
Sycntegral
Active Participant
  1. Review Object Dependencies: Since you've identified that at least one failure comes from an enhancement, review the dependencies of this enhancement. It's possible that there are other dependencies or related objects causing the additional failures.

2. Check Namespace Scope: Double-check the scope settings for the ATC check run. Ensure that the correct package or namespace is selected and that the "Include Objects from checkable namespaces" option is appropriately configured. It's possible that despite your selection, the SAP-owned namespace is somehow included due to misconfiguration.

3. Review SAP Notes: While you mentioned there are no SAP Notes directly addressing your issue, it's always worth reviewing the latest SAP Notes related to ATC, ABAP development, or your specific SAP modules. Sometimes, new notes addressing similar issues are released after your last search.

4. ATC Configuration: Verify the ATC configuration settings, especially those related to namespaces and object types. Ensure that there are no conflicting configurations that might inadvertently include SAP-owned namespaces.

ennowulff
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks for your reply! as far as I can say, we considered all these points. Do you have detailed information about how to "Verify the ATC configuration settings, especially those related to namespaces and object types."