cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S4HANA RFC Destinations for IDOC Communication with CPI

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know what is the best practise/approach while defining the RFC Destinations for IDOC communications from SAP to CPI.

What I know (and have implemented the 1st option) following are the options available:

1. 1 RFC Destination per iFlow. Since, each IDOC over SOAP Endpoint has to be unique, we define one RFC pointing to each each iFlow.

2. Create one Generic RFC Destination for CPI. Point that RFC Destination to a common Dispatcher iFlow, and use Processdirect Adapter to route to specific iFlow. IDOC header values can be used to dynamically select specific iFlow. This reduces the number of Destinations in SAP. However, I feel that this could become single failure point for other iFlow which are being referred - meaning if this flow fails for some reason, ALL the referenced flow will suffer.

I would like to know what is the preferred approach.

Can we have another approach, where we create One RFC Destination per 3rd Party Application and all the Interfaces for that App, use that RFC. This will be in sync with the Partner profiles we create for them. In this case we will have rfc Destinations count same as 3rd Party apps or trading partners. In case any Dispatcher iFlow fails, Interfaces for that App would be affected.

Any suggestion on this would be much appreciated.Blogs referred:

Regards,

Anuj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)