Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC error when importing/using the (default) connection from content network

THEN
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

currently we're trying to import the packages from the SAC content network.

Some content e.g. Content for xP&A – Integrated Financial Planning for SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud also includes predfined connections:

In the past we could easily import those connections and use them without any further prerequisites. For some reason, this is not possible anymore. After importing the connections, we receive the following error message:

We've tried this for different tenants and import packages which include default connections - but we always receive the same error message.

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Susanne_Helbig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear torben_he,

it's not possible to use the connection without entering a user and password and you always need to enter the credentials after importing the connection, credentials are not transported.

It depends on the backend which credentials you need to enter in the existing connection.
If you're connecting to a cloud backend then you need to enter the technical user of the communication scenario (SAP_COM_0087 for Integrated Financial Planning) and the corresponding password.

As already explained by Nikhil, you can either use the content with the sample data, which you can create in the PlanAdmin stories, or you can connect the content to your backend and load your own data.

To connect to SAP S/4HANA Cloud, follow the instructions here.
To connect to SAP S/4HANA, follow the instructions here.

Please let me know if you're missing any information.

Best regards
Susanne

N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

torben_he
I think the below can help you switch from sample data to real data based on your underlying connections

https://blogs.sap.com/2023/02/13/integrated-financial-planning-in-sap-analytics-cloud-how-to-switch-...

Hope this helps

Nikhil

THEN
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello nikhil.anand ,

Thanks for your answer.

I would like to use the sample data and the sample connections and not the data based on our established connections!

N1kh1l
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think sample data is already populated in the model or is created using the data action provided in the create sample data tab of story. The sample connection are not meant to establish connections but just give an idea of how the connection set up might look like

I would suggest you to refer to the demo script outlined for creating sample data

https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_S4HANA_CLOUD/1cbcff7ccd35405ab445b223c1ab1588/54dde1ad476e4ce984cf1d57...

Nikhil