Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC live connection to S4HANA with hierarchies

MargaridaCastr1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are thinking on a SAC reporting model, based on S4HANA (our system is the SAP S/4HANA 1909 On-Premise with embedded BW without any BI CONT installed) and we have some doubts regarding architecture.

Let me try to explain:

The goal is to create reports in SAP Analytics Cloud with S4HANA live connections, using S4HANA authorization model and Accounts hierarchies.

The requirements for reporting in the SAC are:

• Have GL account hierarchies in SAC reports;
  • Use SAC live connections;
  • Since is a live connection authorizations are defined at SAP S/4HANA level.

At this moment we have a data model built:

1. We have Calculations Views to read data as required
  2. We have BW Composite Providers using the calculation views
  3. We have BW queries for each composite provider
  4. Using an S/4 HANA type live SAC connection we create the reports using as source the BW queries

In S/4HANA we have the account hierarchy define as Financial Statement versions (T-code FSE3) and to load this hierarchy to BW we need the infoobject 0Account. The issue is that in Embedded BW we don't have the BI content installed and according to note 2289424 is not a best practice install because SAP doesn’t support ("The software components BI_CONT (BI Content) and BI_CONT_XT (BI Content Extensions) are not supported in the Embedded BW client of all editions and releases of SAP S/4HANA (cloud and on premise), even though they are technically installable.")

We’ve also looked into CDS views and try to use it to support our requirements, however we cannot find a lot of information on this.

Can you please give me your thoughts on this model? Is the best approach our should we use other one?

William_Yu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

We accepted the answer for you at the moment, please feel free to reopen if you not satisified with the answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MKreitlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Margarida.

What you describe is one of many ways to report in SAC, coming from S4HANA.

There would be some others as well, and of course it depends on your requirements.

Two (or more) other potential ways could be:

1) ACDOCA --> standard Cube CDS View: I_JOURNALENTRYITEMCUBE --> here create your own Query CDS View or put a BW query on top of it. Both can be consumed in SAC

2) ACDOCA --> any standard or custom Cube CDS View (@Analytics: { dataCategory: #CUBE, dataExtraction.enabled: true })--> replicate as BW Datasource --> use it in an Open ODS View --> Composite Prov --> BW Query. I think in this option (and maybe yours, too), if you use Infoobjects which are referenced to your CP or the OODSV fields, you could also work with BW authorizations?!

But you probably will have a lot of try and error... the more possibilites you have, also the more ways exist, which bring other disadvantages.

BR, Martin

Answers (0)