Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC Planning Validations versus BW-IP/Embedded Characteristics Relationships

former_member246680
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Just started SAC Planning and looking at ways to validate master data for planning. What are the limitations in SAC validations as compared to BW-IP characteristic relationships. BW-IP has characteristics relations of type attribute, which SAC provides, DSO which SAC does not have and user exit which I am not sure how it is handled in SAC.

Please assist if you have experience in both tools.

Regards

Jordan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jay_Gandhi
Advisor
Advisor

Candidly speaking, characteristic relationships are more robust.

A few examples, in SAC, validation rules can be circumvented via data loads. In BW you also have the ability to run standard programs to clear invalid combinations filled with data (you could do this with SAC but would require to create an advanced formula for your purpose).

As you pointed out as well, SAC does not have the concept of a user exit.

SAC also does not (yet) support unbooked data with valid only combinations in tables.

Jay

former_member246680
Participant

Thank you so much for your precise and detailed response.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jay_Gandhi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jordan,

Currently the closest comparable feature to characteristic relationships/validation in SAC are validation rules, please see here: https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_ANALYTICS_CLOUD/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/e275adffd7f14151a9772...

Jay

former_member246680
Participant

Hi Jay

Many thanks

I have looked at the validation rules already, my question was specifically on comparing the 2 (validation rules in SAC vs Characteristics relationships in IP), what are some of the functionalities that are missing in SAC that we had in IP? And what are some of the improvements?

Regards

Jordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I would also be interested in the answer to Jordan's question.The comparison of the SAC validation rules in SAC vs the characteristic relationship in IP.

Has there already been an improvement in the SAC validation rules?

Best regards

Claudio