Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC publication on DWC

arvshar2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SAC publication fails with following error. The SAC report is developed on top of DWC. The report report is refreshing fine.

FailedCouldn't fetch artifact from story exporter serviceError: We couldn't connect to your EPDWC system.

Any clue would be helpful.

Regards

Arvind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Tobias_Mueller
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

as Martijn already stated, Publications with DWC Live Connectivity are not yet supported. We are currently actively looking into this for 2022.

I would like to encourage you to engage in our Influence Portal and vote on the Improvement Request "Scheduling a Publication on SAP DWC data". That way we have better visibility into the impact future developments might have.

I agree that the error message is not very helpful, i will take that with me. Thanks for raising it!

BR,

TM

MKreitlein
Active Contributor

Hello tobias_mueller_sap

It is almost May 2023 now, and this item is still not available on the Road Map 😞

Does it mean that even Datasphere should attract more customers with its new name, we still will have to wait more than one more year until this functionality is available?

If SAP emphasizes the importance of their "Data Fabric", like done in March this year, then this Influence item should definitely get more attention!

Thanks, Martin

mfoeken
Active Contributor

Hi Arvind,

I assume you are using a live connection to DWC? If that is the case, according to the documentation, this is not (yet) supported: SAP Analytics Cloud Help - Schedule a Publication. Search for the section 'Data Sources You Work With'.

Kind regards,

Martijn van Foeken | Interdobs

inigo_sarralde
Explorer
0 Kudos

What is the latest on this issue? The Data Warehousing solution offered by default when contracting SAP Analytics Cloud is SAP Datasphere. This being the case, I do not understand how it is possible that the publication schedule is not yet available with Datasphere Live Connectivity.

0 Kudos

Totally agree m.kreitlein, I've been a pain for SAP on this subject, and I will still be until this is supported.