cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Analytics Cloud Optimized Story Filter Line - How To Set Displayed Hierachy Via API?

cljambo
0 Kudos

Hi,

consider a simple CHART and filter line in an optimized story. The filter line is supposed to let the user filter on dimension DIM. DIM has several hierarchies. The hierarchy HIER_ID is set up via model parameter (customer exit variable of BW query via live connection). Initially, CHART is not filtered.

When clicking on the filter line, hierarchy HIER_ID is to be displayed and the user can select dimension members of DIM as filter values along the displayed hierarchy HIER_ID.

How can I set up my filter line via script API to display HIER_ID in optimized story?

What have I tried?

During design time, I set up the filter line as both group and individual filter. The chart contains dimension DIM and is displaying a flat hierarchy.

The following code does not work as expected:

CHART.getDataSource().setHierarchy("DIM","HIER_ID");

While the chart is displaying the dimension with its assigned hierarchy, the filter panel is not displaying the correct hierarchy.

In a classical analytical application, I observe the desired beahviour!

Filter line is set up as group filter on the chart's model. Model is initialized to the the correct HIER_ID via prompt. The chart does not display DIM, just some measure.

Clicking on the filter line, HIER_ID is displayed by default and I can filter my dimension DIM as expected

I noticed, that in both analytical app and optimized story, getDimensionFilter() does not work on that chart, if I am using a group filter. I can access the filter values for DIM only when using an individual filter line.

Is that a bug or a feature?

Any of you made similar experiences and has a solution or is a ticket to SAP in order?

Regards,
Marucs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)