Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Analytics Cloud - Summation in hierarchy

former_member920999
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a problem in my SAC story.

I created in my profit and loss dimension a hierarchy which is a summation of different values:

Material input (Hierarchy) result: 50

-Input A 100 TEUR

-Input B -50T EUR

The Problem in the story is that the Hierarchy does only show the positive value, but not the negative value.

Does anyone know the problem that a hierarchy is not summarizing negative values?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Alexander

former_member751591
Participant
0 Kudos

Welcome and thanks for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions. Check out our tutorial to get started in SAP Community.

By adding a picture to your profile you encourage readers to respond to your question. Learn more about your Profile here.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member920999
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

i tried to explain it. I hope you can recognize the problem in the attached GIF.

Thanks

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

What are the Account Types in your model -for example IC Purchase internal and its children - ?

Regards,
Tuncay

former_member920999
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Tuncay,

thanks. I filled in INC (Sales and Other incomes) and EXP for the costs. The problem is the same...

Maybe a logical mistake in SAC? The Problem is that the sum (in aggregated/folded view) includes a value that is filtered out. Only in opened view the not filtered value is not include in the sum.

Regards

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alexander,

What about Aggregation Types? I think they must be already set as "Sum".

Noted from: Attributes of an Account Dimension

Regards,
Tuncay

MKreitlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

unfortunately with your text only, I cannot understand the problem?! 100 -50 = 50 as a result... i can't see it.

Maybe you can add a picture or one of these links is helping you?!

Account Rate Type: https://help.sap.com/viewer/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/15d49a3a617a4f608a7b7a27c...

Signs of Account values: https://help.sap.com/viewer/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/d0b2b83a5cdc4189a0646ab97...

BR, Martin