Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Analytics Designer - Hide toolbar in present mode

kavya_kathuria
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I am creating an application in the SAP Analytics Designer, and seem to be unable to hide the toolbar in present mode (when I run the application). Whenever I hover on top of the window, the toolbar appears as shown below.

Is there any way we can hide this toolbar at the top, and not have it show up on hovering?

Thanks and regards,

Kavya Kathuria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Susanne_Helbig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Dear kavya.kathuria,

we had a similar requirement and solved it with 'mode=embed'.

To open the app in mode embed, we added the following code in the onInitialization method

if (Application.getMode() !== ApplicationMode.Embed){ NavigationUtils.openApplication(Application.getInfo().id, UrlParameter.create("mode", "embed"), false);

This reloads the app in mode embed and the toolbar will not appear.

This can also be done manually during view time of your app. To do this manually you have to add

?shellMode=embed

into the URL e.g.:

https://cont-dev-cf.eu10.sapanalytics.cloud/sap/fpa/ui/tenants/95cbd/app.html#/analyticapp?shellMode=embed&/aa/F31D62E4FB3AA2584217F35CAED18C1F/?mode=present&view_id=appBuilding

Best regards

Susanne

kavya_kathuria
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Worked like a charm! Thanks! 🙂

rpuranik
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Susanne,

This is exactly what I am looking for. It works but when the application launches, it loads the page first and then reloads the page again. It looks like there is an issue but there is not. How do I resolve this?

Thank You!

Edit: Looks like under customize link there is a new parameter section where mode=embed can be added. This resolves my issues.

axel_
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roopa,

can you elaborate where the customize link option is ....

Addtional quesiton: is this link option then also used when the app is started from the analytical catalog?

Best regards,
Axel

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ameya87
0 Kudos

Is there any fix solution for end users?

After writing code in onInitialization, it runs two times in present mode, 1st time with view and other time with embed.

Please help here.

yoavyahav2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

A bit off topic but does anybody know which functions are supported in embed vs view mode?

e.g. I found that go to links only works in view mode

Regards

Yoav

tmsyed
Explorer
0 Kudos

The following has solved my problem. Now story opens in present mode without any toolbar.

.../app.html#/story?shellMode=embed&/s/603D05C0D3A68492A8D3F9CF3CF46D/?mode=embed&pageBar=disable

Best regards

Tariq

tmsyed
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Susanne,

I'm trying your suggested "?shellMode=embed" in the URL for a story but it is not working.

Inserting ?shellMode=embede automatically change "?view_id=story&mode=present" to "?view_id=story&mode=embed".

That is, it changes present to embed as well.

Appreciate if you, or anyone, have any suggestion to resolve this issue.

Best regards,

Tariq

kavya_kathuria
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq! I think you need to add ?mode=embed&shellMode=embed

That works in order to convert it to embedded view!

tmsyed
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion Kavya.

I modified

.../app.html#/story?shellMode=embed&/s/EEF00D05C0D4D842E635FAA1A53F1CD8/?view_id=story&mode=present

to

.../app.html#/story?mode=embed&shellMode=embed&/s/EEF00D05C0D4D842E635FAA1A53F1CD8/?view_id=story&mode=present

but still mode=present in the end changes to mode=embed when I try to load the story, i.e. the story does not open in fullscreen mode.

.../app.html#/story?mode=embed&shellMode=embed&/s/EEF00D05C0D4D842E635FAA1A53F1CD8/?view_id=story&mode=embed

Have I added "?mode=embed&shellMode=embed" correctly?