Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP B2B Add on -how to edit segment occurrence - EDIFACT format

former_member217029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to edit the occurrence for one of the segment that is defined as 0-99. I would like to make it 0-9999.

I have copied the standard SAP provided one to custom control key. When i click on the segment that i would like to change the occurrence of the segment, it just displayed as "Segment group cannot be edited"

Am i missing any authorizations here or it is not really allowed to edit the occurrence ?

Thanks !

former_member217029
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok. thank you Manoj. Let me try this by adding the role and let you know. thank you so much for the inputs.

Thanks !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mate_moricz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In most cases these questions can't be easily answered. You would definitely need one of the following roles:

SAP_XI_B2B_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE
SAP_XI_B2B_CONFIGURATOR_J2EE

Do you have one of them assigned to your user?

Best regards,
Mate

former_member217029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mate,

Thank you for the reply. I do have these 2 roles assigned to my user. Do you thing i need to add "SAP_PI_B2B_SUPERADMIN_J2EE" role to get this option enabled ?

Thanks !

mate_moricz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Those roles should be sufficient to edit the messages (if you check search for these roles in the User Administration and check the assigned actions, you will see that segment edit is an assigned action for these roles). However if you still can't edit them, add the role SAP_PI_B2B_SUPERADMIN_J2EE to your user.

Best regards,
Mate

former_member217029
Participant

Hello Mate,

This worked with these 2 roles

SAP_XI_B2B_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE
SAP_XI_B2B_CONFIGURATOR_J2EE

I was looking at wrong place to edit the segment !

Answers (0)