Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BTP subaccount trial Login Error

Aravindha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, 

I tried to log on #SAPBTP subaccount trial for accessing the #ABAP cloud project through #ECLIPSE with appropriate login credentials, and it showed 'Sorry, we could not authenticate you. Try again.'

Aravindha_1-1715771756484.png

Aravindha_0-1715771680345.png

The same error was thrown when I tried to access the business application studio (BAS) on the SAP BTP TRIAL account.

It would be helpful if anyone guided me to rectify this issue.

Best wishes,

Aravindhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kaidehmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @Aravindha

from the screenshot I derive that you do not use SAP ID service but your own instance of the SAP Identity Services - Authentication Service. Did you activate your account on that instance? If you created the instance, then you should have received a mail to activate the account. Did you try to reset the password?

Best regards
Kai

Aravindha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @kaidehmann Kai,

Thanks for your quick response and the solution.

I have reset the password and successfully logged in to the BTP Cockpit trial account. Now I got the message 'You have been successfully logged on' from the web browser but in the  #ECLIPSE, it shows 'You were successfully authenticated, but an error occurred during the Service Instance logon. Please ensure that you have a user for the Service Instance.'

Aravindha_0-1715865993473.png

Furthermore, I deleted the Service key and instance which I created earlier, as advised in the following blog https://community.sap.com/t5/technology-blogs-by-members/sap-btp-abap-environment-and-adt-troublesho.... But, it wasn't successful again I encountered the same error.

Could you please guide me on how to proceed further on this case.

Best wishes,

Aravindhan

kaidehmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Sorry, I focused on the error screen but not on the fact that you are using abap-trial. Unfortunately, custom IdP is not supported (see https://community.sap.com/t5/technology-blogs-by-sap/it-s-trial-time-for-abap-in-sap-business-techno...). You have to authenticate using SAP ID service. Is SAP ID service offered when logging on? If not, please make sure to enable it for logon in the Trust Configuration in the BTP cockpit. I will post this as second answer, such that it can be found more easily by other members of the community.  

Aravindha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @kaidehmann ,

I just deleted my subaccount in the #BTP trial account and created a new subaccount. Now I can log in to the ABAP cloud project through the #Eclipse after deleting(old) and creating(new) the trial's subaccount. 

Thanks for the solution.

Best wishes,

Aravindhan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kaidehmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @Aravindha

from the screenshot I derive that you do not use SAP ID service but your own instance of the SAP Identity Services - Authentication Service. Unfortunately, this is not supported by the ABAP environment trial (see https://community.sap.com/t5/technology-blogs-by-sap/it-s-trial-time-for-abap-in-sap-business-techno...). When using the trial, you must authenticate using SAP ID Service.

If usage of SAP ID Service is not offered when logging on, please make sure to enable it for logon in the Trust Configuration in the BTP cockpit.

Best regards
Kai