cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Build Automation end user credentials

0 Kudos

Hello,

How multiple end users can access attended BOT? What login credentials do they need to connect Desktop Agent with Tenant?

Only Build Automation service is required and not workflow management.

Regards,

NS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That is good to know Nilesh, please select the correct answer and close the issue.

Regards,
Archana

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Nilesh,

It depends upon the user management policy in your company. The BTP account trust configuration have to be setup based on your company's policy. As Daren mentioned, you can use IAS as well or default service provider of SAP BTP. You may want to contact your account administrator for the setup.

In simple term, for any user to login to SAP BTP account he would be needing a user account which is an S-user or P-user account. For that, they have to register in BTP and would be given user name or password - or the users might be already registered. The same username and password have to be used while tenant setup in Desktop Agent. You can read more on User Management here and other security aspects here.

Hope that clarifies,
Archana

0 Kudos

archana.shukla It's working! thanks for your support daren.addison Also to you.

How many end users can we create? Is there any limit to it?

darenaddison11
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,
If I understand your question correctly, you are looking to understand how the users get created?
In SAP BTP, it is possible to integrate SAP Identity Authentication Service / SAP Identity Provisioning Services to manage a larger number of users. This service can connect to other identity providers (e.g. MS Azure - other providers too) as well as SAP iDP. This could create users in BTP for you (I beleive) I have not completed this integration personally, but was the direction I was looking at. But I do not know if there is a method to automate the users device to connect their email to the iRPA service. Maybe via app deployment tooling?

But if your requirement was just 10 users, then create 10 S-User IDs in the SAP customer number to which your BTP account is registered. The email addresses should also added to the BTP subaccount that is hosting the SAP Build Process Automation service.
Once roles are provided, then each user will need to register their Desktop Agent with their credentials in the Cloud factory.
This should allow them to synchronise and select the automation required to be triggered.

Let me know if I have not properly understood the details.
Regards,

Daren

0 Kudos

daren.addison Thanks again. As I can understand from your reply, I should do following steps, pls. let me know if this is the right approach.

1. Get SAP BTP License (subscription/ consumption)

2. Subscribe to SAP Build Automation service (iRPA) (Free Tier/ Enterprise) from cockpit

3. Create 'S' users (as many as required) - official emails

4. Add them to BTP tenant and assign them roles

5. Install Desktop agent on their systems

6. Connect agent to BTP - SAP Build Automation tenant using "S" user credentials.

Now, how to execute step number 3? meaning, how can I create 'S' users? Is this using https://launchpad.support.sap.com/ or SAP ME? If yes, then how many users are allowed to create?

Regards,

NS

darenaddison11
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,
For attended use the users desktops would need the desktop agent installed and connecting to SAP build service url tenant url, which is provided from the Cloud factory (copyand paste).
Switching the desktop agent to attended mode also a requirement.
https://help.sap.com/docs/IRPA/6b9c8e86a0be43539b670de962834562/84089a65b7274effb907df3dc54ab3e1.htm...

Then enter their email address that you would also add to the BTP subaccount hosting the service.
Within SAP BTP, they may need specific role collections or try the roles collections already created from when the service is activated.

If there are mulitple users per operating system, then each logon would need to be connected. I have not looked at deployment options for the Desktop Agent, but that maybe possible instead of manually configuring multiple sessions.

I have also used MS RDS to host multiple logins to SAP iRPA and this works well, but you may need to solve auto logoff if you ever want to use unattended bots in this architecture.

Thanks,

Daren

0 Kudos

daren.addison as I know, to connect agent to tenant, we need tenant url, email ids and password. The Url I will get using copy paste. However my question is about user credentials.

E.g. if there are 10 end users accessing same automation in an attended mode then from where to obtain 10 users credentials? (Email and pass). I assume, email and password should be sap user ids. (S users). How to create those many S users?

once I have those emails, I can later add them by assigning required role.

Kindly guide.

Regards,

NS.

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Nilesh,

Yes, to access the Bot in attended mode - a Desktop agent is needed. For having automation Bot in your landscape - only SAP Build Process Automation service is needed (note: workflow management is the old service name which is now deprecated)

0 Kudos

archana.shukla Thanks for your reply. If desktop agents are installed on multiple machines then how can we create those many credentials to connect to tenant?