Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BUILD deployment to production

YogSSohanee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Fellow builders,

I have a very generic question regarding SAP build deployments to production. We have built an application in Dev system and in coming future will be moving it to Production.

The usual process is to export the build application and then upload it in the target system instance. In my understanding, this can be considered okay for initial deployment. But then for all the after go-live bugfixes, which are not that big version in itself, how do we move them to production? Do we have to still follow the Export-Import method or is there any other method to do that?

Please suggest. Happy friday!! @Dan_Wroblewski @eshrinivasan 

Regards,

Yogesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eshrinivasan
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Could you provide some more details regarding your setup? like where do you place the zip file? Are you using the web version of Build App for deployment to Production?

Are you aware of the approach mentioned here https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/build-apps-deply.html?

YogSSohanee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @eshrinivasan,

Yes we are using web version of the build apps for deployment to production. And after deployment we are embedding the HTML5 app link from BTP into the C4C mashup. Also to answer your other question whether we are using the approach mentioned in the link you provided - Yes, we are using exactly the same approach for our deployments so far. But my question was moreover related to the after go-live approach. At the time of go-live we will simply export and import the app from Build apps instance of Dev sub-account to Build app instance of Prod sub-account. But then for the bug fixes in the later phase, what approach should be taken to move the changes to production sub-account Build instance.

YogSSohanee
Participant
0 Kudos
Any further comments? @eshrinivasan @Dan_Wroblewski