Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Build Process Automation - Desktop Agent Unattended Mode - Version Mismatch

Subhrangsu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have been following the SAP Build Process Automation Learning Journey and currently struggling to get the automation step to work. Here is a quick gist of how far I have reached and the error that I encounter. I have tried to browse through existing answers in this forum and also KBA Notes, but haven't quite managed to sort the problem out yet. Any help will be massively appreciated.

The man issue as I see in the log is the version mismatch of the Desktop Agent and the Agent configured on my BTP Account. Trying hard to get my head around. Here are the key points.

- Installed the latest MSI file available for the Desktop Agent

- Using the Excel Automation functionality described in the SAP Build Process Automation Learning Journey

- Testing the Automation yields results

- However, when I submit a form and expect the BOT to work in unattended mode, I get a compatibility error.

Any guidance will be incredibly helpful.

Best Regards,

Subhrangsu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi subhrangsu.bagchi.pwc

You are facing this issue due to the Desktop agent mismatch version.

As per your screen shot, minimal agent version is supported in 3.17 and your desktop agent is in 2.0.39. Can you download Desktop Agent 3?

You can refer to the tutorial, In step 2 , please download the Agent manually as you don't have access to the RBSC portal

Subhrangsu
Participant

Thank you so much chaitanyapriya.puvvada. That worked. Although I tried to follow the tutorial as closely as possible, I had overlooked that tab called "Manually" in Step 2 and kept finding my way through the "Automatically" section of the instructions. The latest version (3.16.54) now installed, deployed a new version of my Project changing its agent version and finally managed to achieve the compatibility. Appreciate your help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Subhrangsu,

Have you added the agent in your tenant using Settings options? Ensure that you have followed the instructions and mentioned in this tutorial

Hope that helps,
Archana

Subhrangsu
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the speedy response archana.shukla. Appreciate it.

That tutorial link that you shared is quite handy. Unfortunately I cannot seem to access the RBSC portal. I end up on the "Access Denied" page. So I resorted to downloading the Desktop Agent from the link here. Although the Desktop Agent version I installed from here is 2.0.39.52 and the Tutorial screenshot shows this as 3.7.41. Can that be possibly the issue?

With the Desktop Agent I installed, Automation Test runs perfectly returning the results from the Excel sheet. However, in unattended mode when I submit an actual form, it struggles to work. Any suggestion on how I can access the RBSC portal. Please note, I am using a personal Free Tier BTP account for this.

Many thanks for your help.

RBSC Portal access issue Screenshot

Desktop Agent installed based on MSI File link provided above