cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Build Process Automation using business client

Ronnie_Vaughn
Participant
0 Kudos

Is the desktop SAP Business Client (NWBC) supported in SAP Build Process Automation?

We use the SAP Business Client to access the Fiori Launchpad. The Lauchpad is a Web application that contains tiles which can access S4 transactions. The S4 transactions will render in WinGUI.

I'm finding that capturing and recording screen actions using the SAP Business Client to be problematic. The screen elements are not recognized. SAP Build Process Automation is capturing a few screen elements like the top menu bar of the Business Client. But the tiles in the Fiori Launchpad are not recognized and the S4 transaction screens are not either.

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

did you check with cFLP standalone in the browser? Without SAP Business Client?

Regards,

Sandra

Ronnie_Vaughn
Participant
0 Kudos

The business process I am automating will not work using the Fiori Launchpad in the Browser. The screen I'm accessing in S4 will not render in the WebGUI (HTML). It requires GUI for Windows (WinGUI). We aren't giving our business users direct access to the backend S4 system. They are required to use the Fiori Launchpad as their single point of entry to Fiori Apps (UI5) and any backend S4 GUI transactions. Deploying the SAP Business Client gave us this capability. The business user can access the Fiori Launchpad using the browser in the Business Client. Then they can click a tile that will open the Backend GUI transaction in GUI for Windows.

If they tried to do the same in the browser, the GUI transaction will only open in the WebGUI. That is okay for most of the GUI transactions, but we still have one GUI screen that won't render in WebGUI. And it is that screen that I'm trying to automate.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ronnie_Vaughn
Participant
0 Kudos

I raised a ticket with SAP about this issue.

I received a response that capturing applications running inside the NWBC is not supported. To capture the technologies required you must use:

SAPGUI for Windows/SAP Logon windows application - for the Classical Transactional based apps.

Fiori Launchpad/UI5 apps - Captured using the Web Connector using the SAPUI5 SDK.

SAP released a new KBA outlining this restriction: ##3295318 including the solution.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald, actually the automation should work. I wasn't sure regarding classic dynpro and therefor asked the SBPA (SAP Build Process Automation) colleagues. But SBPA is able to automate any kind of SAP UIs independent of the technology.

In your specific case, using the Business Client with embedded SAP GUI for Windows in combination with the Fiori Launchpad connection I'd recommend to open a support ticket with the following component: CA-ML-IPA

Please let me know the incident number to check on it.

Regards, Sandra

Ronnie_Vaughn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

I have submitted a support ticket to component CA-ML-IPA.

Here is the ticket...69145 / 2023 Unable to capture screens embedded in the Business Client.

Regards, Ronnie

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sandra,

The questions is on screen capturing via an Automation or RPA Bot and not on Launchpad tile creation.

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ronald,

No, it cannot. Only cloud based studio that comes with SAP Build Process Automation can be used to build Automations.

Ronnie_Vaughn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

I must not be asking my question correctly.

I am using the Cloud based studio to build my automation. I'm trying to capture screens that are in my NWBC SAP Business Client. We use the NWBC SAP Business Client to give our business users access to the Fiori Launchpad. From there they can access tiles that open S4 GUI transactions.

So far, I have not been successful getting an automation in the Cloud based studio to capture the screens that are presented in the Business Client.

Any ideas why?

Thanks,

Ronnie

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Cloud based Studio? What do you mean? SAP Business application studio? The app displayd in the FLP (SAP Launchpad Service) must be created with SAP BAS?

Regards,

Sandra

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ronald,

Desktop Studio is not supported in SAP Build Process Automation (SBPA). You have to use automation editor that comes with SBPA to model and manage your automations. You can use this developer tutorial to understand how to capture application in SBPA.

Regards,
Archana

Ronnie_Vaughn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

I'm not referring to the Desktop Studio. I want to know if SAP Build Process Automation can be used to automate a process using the SAP desktop Business Client (NWBC).

Thanks,

Ronnie