cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business Application Studio Live Reload Port Error during CAP hybrid testing

jbibal-pdc
Explorer

Hi,

We are currently experiencing an issue when trying to run our CAP service through hybrid testing. The weird thing is that everything was fine yesterday. The issue just started today.

// Fails for some reason in BAS
cds bind -2 service:service-key

// Also fails for some reason in BAS, also mentioning the live reload port error
cds watch --profile hybrid

Everything works fine in VS Code though:

Stopping / starting the dev space doesn't seem to help as well.

Is there an ongoing issue with BAS? Hoping for some clarity on this issue.

Thanks!

John

matteoprinetti
Participant
0 Kudos

Same issue for me today...

rizaldiramdlani
Explorer

I've the same issue just now

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jbibal-pdc
Explorer
0 Kudos

Seems to only affect hybrid testing using "cds bind". It fails to resolve the bindings due to some issue with BAS or something.

As a workaround, I went with using the old "default-env.json" way of testing and was able to execute "cds watch --profile hybrid".

Hope they can fix this issue soon though. Having to constantly update VCAP services after every deployment is such a hassle.

matteoprinetti
Participant
0 Kudos

Could you please share a default-env.json ? In the docs is marked as deprecated and there is no example anymore.

jbibal-pdc
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Matteo,

Unfortunately, I am only on my phone. The “default-env.json” only contains the VCAP services of the particular app you are trying to borrow credentials from.

You can find the VCAP in the the BTP Cockpit > Applications > Choose your CAP srv app for example > Environment Variables.

matteoprinetti
Participant

Thanky John this worked well. I just copied the VCAP_SERVICES part into default-env.json and Im now able to work with cds-watch.

jbibal-pdc
Explorer
0 Kudos

That's great Matteo. Glad it worked. Note that sometimes, deploying the app invalidates the credentials you extracted via the VCAP_SERVICES so you would have to get a fresh copy from Environment Variables again. 🙂

But yes, hopefully someone from SAP can help us. CDS Bind is still the most convenient way to perform Hybrid Testing.