cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI terminates itself without showing yes or no pop up when Excel closes

0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have an IRPA 2.0 bot and it exports an excel file on SAP GUI, doing some calculations, closes it and continue from SAP GUI to do some more activity.

But, when it tries to close the excel file it terminates SAP GUI and without showing yes or no pop up. I am not using any shortcuts, just Close Workbook and Close Excel Instance activity.

More Information: When exporting the excel file, it automatically opens the excel somehow(not from the pc + read only) and because i am not able to do any calculations on that excel file(because it is not opened from pc) i am opening it again from the pc. So therefore there are same 2 excel files that is opened when it tries to closing with IRPA activities(close workbook/close excel instance). And after it closes the SAP GUI, there is still an excel opened. So it closes one excel and the SAP GUI. And leaves one open somehow.

I've been trying to solve this for a long time so any opinion would help a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Efe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

m-feisst
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello edemirtas,
we had the same issue. Can you save it as a "local file"? After the download, SAP doesn´t open the file and you can open it with your excel commands.

Kind regards,
Michael

0 Kudos

Hello m-feisst,

There is no "save as a local file" area on export pop up.

Can you guide me how can i do it as you say?

Kind Regards,

Efe

m-feisst
Explorer

Hello edemirtas ,

usually there are two ways. You can find the option in the menu under System --> List --> Save --> Local file

Sometimes you can`t click on it. Then you should have a button called "Export" at the top of your list. There you can export it as a local file. If you click on it, a pop up will be shown. Please click on "Text with Tabs". Afterwards another popup asks you for directory and file name. Please use ".xls" as your file extension. After you saved the file, you should be able to open and close the file within your automation.

Best regards,

Michael

Answers (0)