cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Cloud trial instance startup times

MikePaola
Advisor
Advisor

Hello all - we've been getting some reports of slow startup times (eg. 15 minutes+) for SAP HANA Cloud Trial instances - especially for subaccounts in the EU10 region. I wanted to report that some recent changes have been made which should significantly improve that startup time moving forward. If you are still experiencing extremely slow startup times, please be sure to post in the SAP Community so we can continue to monitor and investigate any potential issues. Thanks again for your continued interest in SAP HANA Cloud Trial.

Regards,
Mike Paola (SAP HANA Cloud Product Management)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MioYasutake
Active Contributor

Hello, I'm having slow start up issue of HANA trial today.

It takes more than hour to start an instance. I'm in EU10 region.

Regards,

Mio

MikePaola
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Mio - we are unaware of any widespread issues - however, continue to monitor and let us know if this persists. Thanks.

Regards, Mike

former_member6443
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thanks for getting back to me. I will look at US10 subaccount.

Once again, your response was very much appreciated.

Regards

Afshin

former_member6443
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately I am facing the same problem today, the startup of the SAP HANA Instance is going on for the last 30 minutes with an "Update in Progress".

I am on one of the subaccounts in the EU10 region.

Thanks

Afshin

MikePaola
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Afshin - sorry to see that you're running into this. We just recently started receiving reports of slow startup times on EU10 again and have been able to determine the issue. Development is working on deploying a fix - which I hope will be available on the EU10 landscape by early next week. In the meantime, if you're able to make use of a US10 subaccount, then the startup times should be fine in that landscape. One thing to note - if you decide to create a US10 subaccount on your existing trial account, you would need to add the applicable entitlements in order to make use of HANA Cloud Trial. Here's a learning article that discusses how to setup the proper entitlements: https://saphanajourney.com/hana-cloud/learning-article/starting-a-sap-hana-cloud-trial-when-you-have... Hope this helps.

Regards, Mike