Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDK back navigation from a rule

dhanikawick41
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When you navigate from one page to another (Ex - Page 2 to Page 3) using the Navigation action, there is a back button that appears automatically. When this is clicked, it takes the user back to the previous page (Page 2) in the navigation stack.

I have a requirement where I need to call this back button from the code. When I call another Navigation action (Page 3 to Page 2) to go back, I am facing few issues when I am trying to navigate back (Page 2 to Page 1) again. It seems like the navigation stack gets overwritten.

Is there a way I can call the automatically appearing back button from the code, without calling another navigation action? Or if not, is there a better alternative to cater this?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

If are on Page 3 and perform a navigation action to Page 2, your new page stack will be Page 1 > Page 2 > Page 3 > Page 2.

You can use the Close Page action to navigate back (equivalent to clicking the Back button) which will close the current page and return to the previous page in the nav stack. If your page was opened as a model there are additional parameters to the Close Page action which apply to modals.

dhanikawick41
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi bill.froelich

Thank you very much for your reply. I did as you mentioned at it worked perfectly.

As you mentioned, in the close action I made the DismissModal to be None and it navigated to the previous page.

Thank you.

Answers (0)