Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap mdk case sensitive search in Object table search

sk_ramkumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Object table search is not case sensitive in my application, we can only enable the search in object table, as we don't have any other event to control that, I am wondering the case sensitive search is working in mentor app but not in my application. 

I have an online application ( offline is not enabled ) , using 24.4.1 latest iOS client. Is something we need to do in oData level for tolower() as mentioned in this thread ? 

https://community.sap.com/t5/technology-q-a/sap-mdk-control-type-formcell-sorter-sorts-by-case-sensi...

@bill_froelich @Jitendra_Kansal 

Thanks in advance,

Ram

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
@sk_ramkumar Can you clarify if search in Object Table is case sensitive or case insensitive in your MDK application?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

First you should verify if your backend OData service supports tolower() and substringof() if a V2 service or tolower() and contains() for v4.  For an Online MDK connection we do not include tolower() in the search term by default since not all backends have implemented this function.

If your backend supports it can write a rule for your Object Table Target Query Options to customize the search string to include tolower to force the case insensitive search.

sk_ramkumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you @bill_froelich I managed to add rule in Query Options and send tolower and toupper method to backend. 

Answers (0)