Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PO 7.5: AS2 Sender adapter "Content type"

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

we have a working scenario "AS2 Sender - PO 7.5 - IDoc Receiver." where the Sender sends us IDoc XML via an AS2 connection into PO 7.5, PO forwards it to S/4 via an IDoc receiver (no mapping).
The content type is "Application/EDI-X12"

Now, we set up a second similar scenario for a different Sender party. But when they send an IDoc XML via the AS2 connection it fails in SAP PO because the XML has text above the actual IDoc:

The content type is different:

The AS2 Sender adapter is set up the same way as for the working scenario. I can't set the content type on the AS2 Sender adapter either. The messages come from the 3rd party through a web dispatcher on our side and then hit SAP PO 7.5. The 3rd party says they send with Application/EDI-X12.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Could our web dispatcher be the problem?

I am trying to get ideas on how to troubleshoot this.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alex_bundschuh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

it seems that the second partner sends the IDoc XML as attachment to its message and hence as multipart MIME, you may try to swap the attachment with the payload using the PayloadSwapBean module though I have to say I'm not sure if this also works for AS2, usually it's used when using Mail adapter

https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_NETWEAVER_750/2462a9a468b1491b91fda1923d23f667/2ebf37423cf7ab04e100000...

Alex

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

Thank you, our EDI partner fixed the issue on their side. I did not try the PayloadSwapBean. But it sounds like a neat idea.

Best regards, Peter