cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Process Automation: Trigger failing

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Process Automation API trigger that used to work. However, upon testing it today I ran into this error:

If I run the automation manually through the Application Development platform, it works perfectly fine. However, if I try to use Postman or SAP Workflow through Cloud Foundry to call the API trigger, it fails with the above warning. Does anyone know what it means? Does it mean that there is something wrong with my Desktop agent?

Thank you,

Declan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vishal
Contributor

Hi declanlee,

From the source standpoint (Postman or SAP Workflow) from where API Trigger is initiated - the Desktop Agent is a remote machine. Hence I suggest you try setting desktop agent to unattended and test

Regards,

Vishal Rathi

Hi vishalrathi21,

Thank you for your help, that definitely clears up my misunderstanding.

Best regards,
Declan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vishal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi declanlee,

The error screenshot says "Declared Agents: 3, Unattended Agents: 0" and main error message is "unattended agent is unavailable".

Can check below as troubleshooting steps

1. unattended agent declaration / setup is done correctly - explained in detail here.
  2. Check if any desktop agent version update is needed, can check Compatibility matrix details
  3. API trigger setup is as explained here.

Regards,

Vishal Rathi

0 Kudos

Hi vishalrathi21,

Thank you for the reply. What I don't understand is why there is a need for an unattended agent? I previously did not set this up and it used to run successfully. In addition, from reading the link you provided unattended agents are used to send jobs to remote machines, which is not what I am trying to do.

Do the API triggers require an unattended agent to work? Going through the documentation here there is no mention of attended/unattended agents with regards to API triggers.

Best regards,

Declan