Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SCP Workflow - Service Task Principal Propagation

s_kancherla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello community,

i´m calling the start workflow via Rest API. So the initiator of the workflow is the service user of my workflow service.

Now this is a problem when i use a service task with principal propagation on the start event.

So, is it possible to set the initiator of the start event when i´m calling the REST API? f.e. a technical user? or any other suggestions to solve this kind of problem?

thanks and br,

Sudhir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tobias_breyer
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to check the response body of the request with status 400. There is usually no connection between custom attributes and principal propagation.

Regards,

Tobias

tobias_breyer
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

you cannot overwrite this information, because it shows the technical ID which has really started the workflow.

You can look for other authentication types to start the workflow, where for example the start user is more appropriate to your scenario. You could authenticate the API call with OAuth2 Password Grant with a technical user for example.

When it comes to the respective information of tasks that have been created within the workflow, you might make use of the "CustomCreatedBy" custom attribute which replaces (but in MyInbox display only) the technical information which user actually started the workflow.

https://help.sap.com/viewer/e157c391253b4ecd93647bf232d18a83/Cloud/en-US/417d14cc4d1e4c749bb085c19a8...

Regards,

Tobias

s_kancherla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

thank you for the response.

But as soon as i declare Principal Propagation with the start workflow event as source, the Rest Api call to start the workflow failed with status 400. Am I missing here anything?

BR,

Sudhir