Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SDI Limitation's, advantages and disadvantages

zameer0448
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have 4 usecases dependent on single remote source connection, for us it is ECC system on top of oracle DB.

We have 4 usecaes which are dependent on the single remote system, if there is any error in exception for single table which will be used by any one usecase, due to this single error exception it will stop the real time replication for other tables.

how we can over come from this kind of scenarios.

Sometimes we are unable to resolve the error exception occurred in SAP SDI and we will end up cleanup activity of remote source and will proceed for connection rebuild.

Connection rebuild of remote sources takes lot of time, due to drooping of remote subscriptions, performing the cleanup activity in source system, recreating the remote source and again setting up the replications tasks and start the initial + real-time data load again. It takes longer time depending on the table size and entries in backend database.

I have follow up questions from SDI perspective, it is like questions on topic of limitation's of SAP SDI.

We have one DP agent server and it is connected to ECC remote source which connects to Oracle DB. Attaching image of the current setup.

1)Can we have multiple DP agents instance running in single server/machine, where each DP agent connects to same Oracle DB source and Target is by default HANA DB.

2)or we can host different dp agents in different machines and connect to same sources system db and single same hana db as target, each DP agent for each UseCase.

from the above two scenarios, can we over come the issue of all subscriptions using the same remote source which will be suspended until exceptions are cleared.

3)What is the best way to remove dependencies in single remote source with respect to SDI if we have to run different usecases.

Could you please share any documentation, note or blogs where we can know the limitations of SAP SDI tool.

Mainly the answers i am looking for is, if we move with Proposal 1 or proposal 2, what are the advantages and disadvantages, whether sap recommends to do it. Because in both the situation we have same remote source i.e ECC and target is always HANA DB as it is SDI.

I went through all the below SAP notes, but I am unable to find whether we have same remote source and the same hana db target, what are the limitations if we use different dp agents.

2631764 - Can you install multiple DP Agents on one machine? - SAP HANA Smart Data Integration

2495017 - Can I install more than one DP Agent instance on a machine?

2445282 - Can single DP Agent connect or work with multiple SAP HANA systems?

2452619 - When any subscription fails while using SAP HANA Smart Data Integration, all subscriptions using the same remote source will be suspended until exceptions are cleared

2440246 - How to Process Remote Source or Remote Subscription Exceptions - SAP HANA Smart Data Integration

2973317 - Increased Memory Consumption by dpserver in Allocator Pool/DPServerFramework During Data Transfer

Thanks and Regards

Zameer Ahamad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Zameer,

Have you seen this link - https://help.sap.com/viewer/7952ef28a6914997abc01745fef1b607/2.0_SPS06/en-US/9a6fa56a2c6e4a7485e269b...

Connecting Multiple Remote Sources to the Same Oracle Source Database -- from Installation guide.

Technically you can create multiple connections to same Oracle source system if some conditions are met.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Prathy