Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP UI5 and Fiori difference

hymavathi_oruganti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I understood the following differences between SAP UI5 app and Fiori App.

• UI5 application can be created with out component.js and  database can be either HANA or ERP and minimum netweaver is 7.3 or higher.
  • But For FLP, component.js is mandatory and database should be HANA and minimum netweaver should be 7.4 with sps7 or higher.

I have few questions can any one give me clarity.

• Is my understanding that FLP should have HANA correct ? or it can be launched and executed with NW 7.4 with ERP as well?
  • Is manifest.json complusory for FLP ?
  • What is INA node in SICF? Will it appear with HANA as database or will it appear with ERP as well? i could not see INA node in 7.3 version and hence i am curious does this node come with 7.4 of NW or with HANA db.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards,

Hyma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hyma,

Simple difference between FIORI and SAPUI5 is

FIORI: - This is a design principal with which all the SAP provided standard mobile/desktop based applications are developed on. All the FIORI application are developed using a technology called XML, Jscript, HTML5 (collectively called SAPUI5)

SAPUI5: - Not necessarily these are FIORI application. These are custom applications developed based on customer requirement. And it may or may not follow SAP standard design principles called FIORI.

• Is my understanding that FLP should have HANA correct ? or it can be launched and executed with NW 7.4 with ERP as well? - HANA is not mandatory. FLP can also be part of NW with ERP
  • Is manifest.json complusory for FLP ? - Manifest.json is not mandatory again for FLP. This has been introduced only from SAPUI version 1.30 and SAP web IDE. It is not necessary when the application is developed in lower UI versions

Cheers,

Sabari

Former Member
0 Kudos

HANA is not a requirement for FLP. Also we are using FIORI with Netweaver 7.02 and Oracle.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So basically ......All Fiori apps are SAPUI5 but not all SAPUI5 apps are Fiori.

Fiori is a "design" strategy and not so much a "thing". There are "Fiori" apps and the Fiori launchpad but that simply means that they meet the Fiori design principles.

More to your question...at least part of it....yes, for a SAPUI5 app to run in the Fiori launchpad, it does have to be "component-ized"...which anyone doing a SAPUI5 for anything more than learning exercises should be doing anyways. It takes very little extra work/effort to "componentize" your SAPUI5 apps.

Why Fiori requires this is because Fiori LP pretty much acts like a "wrapper" around your SAPUI5 component. It does not "embed" the "app code" but instead, has it's own app code that wraps your component(s)....so that you get the nice Fiori design/styling.

Makes sense? Sorry....still working on my morning coffee and waking up. haha

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just posted a VERY long reply and the editor "lost" it when I went to post it. ARGGGGG!!! the new SCN can not come fast enough!