cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPUI5: How to make a column/field editable in Dialog?

andre_katz_88
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I'm new to SAPUI5 and need help with one issue.

I have a button on the UI and when the user clicks it, a dialog(wrapped in Fragment) opens. The dialog has two columns "Book" and "Quantity". I want this "Quantity" field to be editable by default, without clicking any button.
It is important not to redefine table columns on the frontend side, i.e. using CustomData (in fragment.xml) is not the answer.

Would be grateful for any useful tips and idea(s).

Thank You!

My fragment.xml

<core:FragmentDefinition xmlns:core="sap.ui.core" xmlns:f="sap.ui.layout.form" xmlns:l="sap.ui.layout"
	xmlns:smartTable="sap.ui.comp.smarttable" xmlns="sap.m" xmlns:smartFilterBar="sap.ui.comp.smartfilterbar">
	<Dialog title="Books" contentWidth="65rem" contentHeight="40rem" id="idBooksDialog" showHeader="true"
		type="Standard" draggable="true" resizable="true" afterOpen="onBooksDialogAfterOpen">
		<content>
			<Page id="idBooksDialog.page" title="" showHeader="false">
				<content>
					<smartTable:SmartTable id="idBooksDialog.smartTable"
						header="{Books}" entitySet="ZC_MyBooks" tableType="ResponsiveTable"
						useVariantManagement="false" useExportToExcel="false" showRowCount="true" showVariantManagement="false" showTablePersonalisation="false"
						enableAutoBinding="true" placeToolbarInTable="true" noData="{No Books}">
						<Table id="idBooksDialog.responsiveTable" growing="true" growingScrollToLoad="true" growingThreshold="25"
							sticky="ColumnHeaders,HeaderToolbar"/>
					</smartTable:SmartTable>
				</content>
				<footer>
					<Toolbar id="idBooksDialog.toolbar">
						<content>
							<ToolbarSpacer id="idBooksDialog.toolbarSpacer"/>
						</content>
					</Toolbar>
				</footer>
			</Page>
		</content>