Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen control changes after UI upgrade

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

we upgraded our UI and now persona flavors in mobile devices showing a label which I do not see in laptop browser.

Is there any parameter or configuration available through which I could hide it as its creating problem for user, we are not using the lower label showing persona P icon or the enter button shown here in picture.

In chrome or edge browser I do not see the three dots or F11 or Enter any where. But in device its visible on all most all screens.

Appreciate your help.

Regards

Ritesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

katrin_polloczek
Employee
Employee

Hi Ritesh,

Slipstream Engine is intended to best support mobile use cases and helping to optimize the used real-estate on mobile devices. Customers requested an even improved use of available real estate when on mobile devices for which we delivered the mobile menu with SP15 and refined in SP16. For more information, see What's New for SAP Screen Personas SP15 | SAP Help Portal

The mobile menu combines the header area navigation, message and footer bar action handling, plus the switchboard menu when logged on as a flavor builder. The mobile menu only comes up on mobile devices or when using the mobile emulator in the browser after refresh - and is dissolved into the header and footer area on desktop and tablet.

With the mobile menu being the only place for users to access navigation it was not intended to be hidden. Instead, the mobile menu can be moved to uncover functionality that is potentially covered.

Best regards,
SAP Screen Personas team

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Katrin Polloczek,

Thanks for reply. There are others features like providing historical values pop-up and show previously used values, that could be suppressed using parameters in URL or through service configuration.

What I am not understanding is if you are introducing a new feature why to making it mandatory, it should be user discretion to decide they want it or not. SAP always provide a configuration or switch to choose between options.

It would be lot helpful if this missing part should be considering a priority and available to customer like us thourh a note or patch without waiting till SP18 will be released.

Thanks

RD

katrin_polloczek
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thank you for sharing your situation. The intention was to condense all info levels to the possible minimum. Once the application actions would be needed, they would have come up in the footer regardless of the mobile menu. Mobile menu is only there on a mobile device or the browser emulator. Therefore you don't see it on the desktop.

I am afraid, at this moment, there is no way to suppress the mobile menu. I did take your example as input for our product backlog though.

Best regards,
Katrin

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi katrin.polloczek

Thanks for reply. Now it's a big obstacle for us, this new label is covering controls and buttons on the screen and user are not able to perform the required process steps. In high volume warehouse having addition clicks or moving label to up and down for very next step is time consuming and it will bring down efficiency.

Please suggest if there is a way to suppress this like it's not visible in desktop mode.

We need to move upgrade changes to production but and with this issue we can't afford to move upgrade to production.

I am also submitting SAP incident for same.

Thanks

Ritesh