cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Personas: Screen Change With Back/Save Button Isn't Reflected - Visually Nothing Happens

awguthrie
Participant
0 Kudos

Greetings,

Not sure how to state this exactly and I couldn't find any documentation, so I thought I would ask here.

I'm developing a flavor for IW32, and running into an issue where the screen change isn't reflected visually (looks like nothing happens).

The first screen where you enter the order number is '0101'. Once you're in the transaction, that's screen '3000'. My script is automating the press of either the 'Back' button or the 'Save' button. Thus, the screen should leave the current order, and go back to '0101'.

The problem is that it looks like nothing happens (as if it's still on 3000). However, I can tell that it switched to '0101' in the background, because if I try to interact with the buttons on the screen again, an error is thrown referencing the control not being available and I have to click 'Redraw Screen'.

So functionally, it seems like the script is working, but visually the change isn't reflected, which is just as much of a problem.

Version: 3.11.20210212095101
Kernel 773_REL Patch 714

Any ideas would be great, thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tmnl
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you share the script that you used ?

If you try running the script of jus the back press does it work?

awguthrie
Participant
0 Kudos

Greetings,

Sorry about the delay, I haven't worked on this too much since I was stuck. This is for IW32, and the scripts are bound to events on the 'Set User Status' window. This seems to be another issue as well, but the script that is bound to the green check button isn't triggered when it's clicked. The one bound to the cancel button works though.

To answer your question though, the behavior is the same if I manually execute the script from the scripting gui. It runs but the screen doesn't reflect the 'Back' action.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Does this problem only occur if you are running your flavor? In other words, in Original Screen, when you click 'Back' or 'Save', does it go back to screen 0101 and does it behave the way you are expecting?

What if you temporarily change your script, remove the button press action and manually press these buttons once you are on this popup screen? Does this work then properly and screen 0101 shows up as it should?

What other actions does your script perform, before pressing that button? Any possibility of an error during such an action?

Lastly, you do have a fully up-to-date Personas installation, with all notes and the latest client sources version installed, correct?

awguthrie
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your attention on this. I will try to answer as best I can.

Since I made the original post (over the last few days), we have upgraded from Patch 714 to Patch 801. As I just started working on this again yesterday, I can't seem to recreate the problem described in my original post. I'm assuming this is related. To answer your questions regarding the scripting of the back/save buttons, this seems to be working as expected.

- "Lastly, you do have a fully up-to-date Personas installation, with all notes and the latest client sources version installed, correct?"

To this question, I've been unsure about applying notes and affecting live flavors, so there seems to be a long list of available notes. What should be the approach to installing these?

The issue I observed yesterday seems to be the current obstacle now.

From the 'Set User Status' screen, the users can either press the green check for 'Enter', 'Cancel', or they can close the window with the 'X'. I have all three events bound to their own respective script. The scripts are running successfully when tested.

The problem is the script bound to the 'Enter'/check button is never triggered when clicked (screenshot of binding attached). The 'Cancel' and the 'X' buttons are triggering their scripts as expected.

Any ideas why this is happening?

I thought as a workaround, I could capture which button was pressed from the 'onBeforeRefresh' event, but 'caller' and 'vkey' seem to be undefined.