cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripting using Python

waddoum81
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, after enabling scripting for my SAP profile, I was able to generate a script and run it from Python... my question is, would it be possible to deploy this solution as a package (an exe generated from Python for example) to another SAP user (a colleague) without enabling scripting on his/her SAP profile? If not, what are my options? Trying to create an RPA solution for a repetitive lengthy task. Thanks a lot for any support.

AlexGourdet
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thank you for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions. Since this is your first question, I recommend that you familiarize yourself with Community Q&A, as the overview provides tips for preparing questions that draw responses from our members.

Should you wish, you can revise your question by selecting Actions, then Edit.

By adding a Picture to your profile you encourage readers to respond.

Regards,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_schnell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello waddoum81,

the type of the program (script or binary executable) does not eliminate the need to enable SAP GUI scripting on the target system. You generate code based on SAP GUI Scripting, which is thus an operation requirement on any target system which it is to be executed. With this you have to enable SAP GUI Scripting on your colleague's computer as well. The RPA platforms I know use all SAP GUI Scripting as well, so this can only be a solution if you use RPA's Computer Vision, to avoid that the SAP GUI Scripting has to be activated on other computers. This is more "expensive" as the use of SAP GUI Scripting and then the question arises, if automation is desired, whether it does not make sense to also grant SAP GUI Scripting to the colleagues who have an advantage from it.

Best regards
Stefan

waddoum81
Explorer

appreciated Stefan, actually did some testing today with an SAP user not having scripting enabled and like you said… it didnt work.

Thanks!

waddoum81
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello again, wanted to ask one final question - would it be possible to create a new SAP profile that allows users to run Scripts only (i.e., no permission to generate the vbs Scripts)? Thanks again

stefan_schnell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello waddoum81,

yes, it is possible. How to configure that is described in the SAP GUI Scripting Security Guide. In the section Modes for Server Side Protection you can find a few to settings to handle this. Especially the setting of the profile parameter sapgui/user_scripting_disable_recording might be of interest to you.

Best regards
Stefan