cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Up Workflow Management in Cloud Cockpit - issue with "Create Service Instances"

MarnaParodi
Participant
0 Kudos

Tutorials: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/cp-starter-ibpm-employeeonboarding-1-setup.html
--------------------------

I have been trying several times to setup WF management with a BTP trial account. I need it, among others, to be able to attend to a series of hands-on sessions, one of which is starting in some hours... 🙂

Booster always fails when creating instances (see wf-booster-error-1.png and wf-booster-error-2.png)

The error message details suggest trying a manual creation, I've done that too, in 2 different ways and I still cannot succeed

1. I get an error at my fist attempt (business-rules instance, see failed-manual-instance-creation-1.png) if I follow the procedure explained here: https://help.sap.com/viewer/0e4dd38c4e204f47b1ffd09e5684537b/Cloud/en-US/82b7be2d1a5f4ade823ad8e740d...
  2. If I click on the link in the Booster error message (see WF Booster error 2.png I cannot find the service types I should create instances for (see failed-manual-instance-creation-2.png)

Could you please help with that? Is there any other way I can setup WF? Or should I reset everything and start a fresh trial account? thank you!

Marna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

rcaziraghi
Participant

Hi!

I'm experiencing the same issue as well. I've tried and successfully created the Service Instances, but the booster won't pass that step. Does anyone found a workaround?

Thank you.

shubhamd_27
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. Ran the booster, it is failing at "Creating Service Instances" step.
I created Service Instances manually and ran the booster again, but it is still failing at "Creating Service Instances" step.

Did you manage to find a workaround?

Best Regards

-----------------------------------------------------
Update:

After creating the service instances and service keys manually, I had tried booster multiple times, but it didn't work.
But somehow when I ran it again today, it worked.

rcaziraghi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

The only way I found to circumvent the error was to create a new subaccount. I found no issues using the booster, all the service instances were created with no warnings whatsoever.

If anyone finds a solution to an existing subaccount, please let me know.

0 Kudos

Dear Marna, could I know have you fixed the issue? I am getting the same error with you

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Marna,

Were you able to do it? There were some brief issues with Azure data center which was fixed.

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Marna,

You have to choose Business Rules service and select lite plan for trial.

MarnaParodi
Participant
0 Kudos

hello Archana,

I've tried that, following 2 distinct paths and it does not work. I attach the screenshots, could please look into that?

Thank you very much,

Marna

issues-with-service-instance-creation.xml

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Marna,

Can you check if you can create the Business Rules instance manually.

MarnaParodi
Participant
0 Kudos

if I click the error message and then the link I'm inside "dev" but then this is the service type list I get business-rules-manual-creation.png- I don't understand If I should choose one of them or if the right one is not listed

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Marna,

Which region your trial account is in?

MarnaParodi
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Archana,

Europe (Frankfurt),

thank you