cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for SAP Integration Kit on Linux in XI/R2 or XI 3.0?

WMuellner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I cannot find the proper information in the "supported platforms guides": do we support SAP Solution Kit on Linux servers? Where can I find the correspondig document for XI/R2 and XI 3.0?

A customer wants to set up BOE on Linux and integrate with SAP systems (SAP BI), both for reporting with Crystal reports AND WebIntelligence, so WebI OLAP universes must be supported. Is this possible with any one of the XI releases?

Any information appreciated,

Walter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Walter,

please [docu for the SAP Integration Kits|https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000713358&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&] (choose Integration for SAP Solutions).

Falk

WMuellner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I know the documentation, but it does not say anything about the support of WebI-Olap universes on SAP BI...

Walter

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Walter

According to the "BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.0 for Linux - Supported Platforms" the following is supported with SAP data sources:

Crystal Reports (Relational)

Voyager (OLAP)

Roland

WMuellner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I just had a phone talk with someone from the product management: it seems as if the information in the PAR is right: WebI on Linux only available with V 3.1 (GA in Oct)...

Only Unix platform with WebI on top of SAP/BI and XI 3.0 is Sun solaris.

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a customer that successfully runs the SAP XI 3.0 Integration Kit on AIX with OLAP Universes on SAP BW.

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

According to the platforms.txt this is supported.

Please consult the Supported Platforms document for your Operating System to see what features are available.

AIX

Support for SAP Application Servers

BusinessObjects XI Integration for SAP Solutions must be installed in order to use an SAP application server as a data source. For the latest information on SAP platforms required by BusinessObjects XI Integration for SAP Solutions, please visit the support area of the website: http://www.businessobjects.com. The following list of products is applicable to SAP application server support:

Crystal Reports (OLAP and Relational)

Dashboard Builder (OLAP)

Voyager (OLAP)

Web Intelligence (OLAP)

WMuellner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sorry, Roland you are right: AIX and SOLARIS are the 2 UNIXes which support Webi ontop of SAP/BI in BOE XI 3.0

3.1 will bring the rest of the platforms...

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Walter,

the SAP Integration Kits for Linux for BOE XI/R2 or XI 3.0 can be downloaded from the ESD site.

The Kits are supported for all supported Linux versions.

Best regards

Falk