cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table - "Select Hierarchy" cannot show key; only text (BWLive)

dominik_zed
Participant

Hello everybody,

in table component, when selecting a hierarchy, is there a possibility to show ID and description? Currently it is showing only description(text), which is not very helpful, because users in ERP can copy hierarchies and keep the text the same (or very similar). Therefore there is no way to distinguish between certain hierarchies, especially because it always seems to show short text of the hierarchy.

Perhaps I am missing something here, but I assume there is no way to achieve this right now. I created an improvement request for this

Improvement Request Details - Customer Influence (sap.com) (Improve "Select Hierarchy" PopUp - show ID and key)

Thanks a lot / Best regards

Dominik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GregBotticchio
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Dominik,

In SAP Analytics Cloud, at View time, you can display the ID and/or DESCRIPTION of a given dimension by doing :

- Select the Table;

- Right click on the header of the dimension ;

- Select DISPLAY OPTIONS >> choose "Description" or "ID" or "ID and Description".

Kind regards,

GB

dominik_zed
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gregory, thanks for your answer. I know that i can display the ID and/or DESCRIPTION of a given dimension. But that is not what i meant. Even if I display ID + description for the dimension, we cannot see the ID of the hierarchy when clicking on "select hierarchy" as shown in screenshots. I want to see the ID of the hierarchy in the popup after I click on "Select Hierarchy" and that is not the case, even if we change display of the relevant dimension. Thanks and best regards.