cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teams & Licences SAP Analytics Cloud

former_member302630
Participant
0 Kudos

In SAC, if I have 5 planning user licenses and create a team and put 10 user_ids/people in the team. Add the team to have access to the intended planning role (5 planning licences for all planning roles together),

have I exceeded my license quota? or a team is considered as one license used here? and a team is kind of concurrent?

Regards,

Cleo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SeerOfSig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Cleo,

Yes, you would exceed your licenses.

Licenses are assigned to users based on the roles assigned to that user, but it does not matter if the role is assigned directly to the user or via a team.

So if you have a team that has a planning role assigned to it and you then add ten users to that team all ten users will inherit the planning license due to having this role assigned via the team.

Regards,

Peter

rauf_osho2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Question regarding SAC licenses.

Is it accurate that every user created within an SAC tenant consumes a license? (either BI license or Planning license). You mentioned " Licenses are assigned to users based on the roles assigned to that user, but it does not matter if the role is assigned directly to the user or via a team". Is this applicable to just the planning licenses, or the BI licenses as well? Also, is there a plan with SAC to have the same license structure as Business Objects ( Concurrent users/named users licenses). How can a large organization leverage SAC without license restriction?

Thanks,

Rauf