Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Editor in GUI vs WebGUI

awguthrie
Participant
0 Kudos

Greetings,

Why is the text editor different in the Personas Web GUI from the SAP GUI when editing a work order operation?

How can I make the Web GUI text editing area work like the SAP GUI?

When editing an operation in IW32 to add text details to the operation, the SAP GUI shows a window that functions basically like a text area. However, in the Web GUI with Personas the text editor is a very annoying and clunky editor where you can only input text line by line with a very short character limit. Is there a setting that needs to be changed?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bwills
Contributor

Hi Anthony,

Please see the awesome Blog by tamas.hoznek.

https://blogs.sap.com/2015/03/03/sap-screen-personas-how-to-replace-the-old-style-text-editor/

I implemented this and it worked link great. Highly recommended to do this.

Thanks,

Brian

awguthrie
Participant

That is fantastic, thank you for that information

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Anthony, keep in mind that while this method does work, the simple text editor has only a very restricted feature set compared to the Word-like or even the SAPscript editor. If your users only type in long texts and want automatic word wrapping but nothing else fancy then it is fine, but you cannot have various formatting options and a bunch of other (perhaps not as important) features the other editors offer. You may have some scenarios where this is required, and then you'd need to customize the solution so that for those certain text types, the standard editor is still used, as user unfriendly as it is.

german_diaz33
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is unacceptable that users have to learn a set of commands and enter line by line just to save a text for a customer or material. We are in 21st century.

For the next S/4 version I'm expecting a text editor that just allow 0s and 1s.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, this is not something SAP Screen Personas can resolve. This issue belongs to SAP GUI for HTML, so I assigned the proper tag to the thread.