cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The IP address of SAP PI server is going to change.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

IP address of the SAP PI server (version 7.5) is going to change after Operating system and Database upgrade. Please suggest what steps are needed after the change so that the business flows are not affected. What are changes required from PI teams and BASIS team.

Regards

Anupam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190293
Active Contributor

Hi Anupam!

In such case I would suggest to check if all systems connected to your PI server use its FQDN name and not the direct IP-address in destinations and URLs. Also check if the FQDN name is properly set in PI Java server settings.

Regards, Evgeniy.

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor

Besides what Evgeniy already said, also consult with your network team. If PI is in a dedicated network segment chances are, that firewall settings must be adapted (they often depend on IP addresses, not FQDN)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you evgeniy.kolmakov and jens.schwendemann for responding to my query. Let me know if there are any more steps that I am missing.

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor

Also gateway security reginfo / secinfo (on PI but more important on connecting systems) should be checked. Take with grain of salt. This is just guts feeling

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your kind suggestions, This was indeed very helpful.

Regards

Anupam

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam.

DNS take care by network team, but you have to check the DNS resolution from your PI system, hostname to IP & IP to hostname.

Regards

SS

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam.

For changing IP of PI system. take care the DNS resolution, you may have to delete and recreate the DNS resolution and some time you may define the manual host entry on from / to connected PI system. (don't change the host names).

Regards

SS

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you s.sriram for your kind help.

DNS resolution should be taken care by Network team I guess.

Please kindly confirm.

Regards

Anupam