cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on optimized* view mode (*I'm not convinced it's optimal :) )

JBARLOW
Contributor

Just wondering how others are approaching the challenges of optimised view mode,

for example I need to create an app that connects to a Datasphere Analytical Model --- which forces us to use optimised mode.

Of course this now prevents us from using linked dimensions,
my other bug bear is we can now longer use a global 'onInitialization' script event -- it can only be applied on a page by page basis ....grrr

I'd also be interested to hear thoughts on the performance of optmised view mode, in my sample of 1 it does seem an awful lot slower when running scripts, particularly anything involving a 'For:If' loop

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eeddggaarr
Contributor

Hi James,

from my point of view SAP released optimised view/story mode too early. Same with new data analyzer: first 'Explorer' was the to-go tool if end users wanted to analyze data on their own. Then data analyzer was introduced only to get replaced by new data analyzer several months later. Of course new data analyzer is much better than explorer but it is still a product under development (like SAC as a whole).
having a look at existing improvement requests gives some insights e.g. optimized mode and pin to home. Last comment (Oct 10 2023) reflects my thoughts about SACs state: '... SAP doesn't manage to maintain the features of individual releases and constantly comes onto the market with unfinished solutions...'

Optimized story mode has very good features. Being able to create a standard story or to implement you own code in the same environment was a very good design decision from SAP. However problems with e.g. linked analysis (live bw), missing drill/sort info without forcing a user to click on table/chart or the elimination of valued functions like 'pin to home' does hurt a lot.

br
edgar