cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transient in OWL error

ahmedelgammal5334
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, i'm trying to add a Transient element to OWL but this exception show when i try to activate the OWL .... i have no idea why i did it many times .. any ideas ?

error:

UI Designer has caught an exception. XRepositoryException (4)Element 'INDA7E85F1A7460CE8C' is transient but has no valuation source, hence it cannot be resolved

The usage of this BO entity is not allowed in mode 'UI': 'Element 'INDA7E85F1A7460CE8C' is transient but has no valuation source, hence it cannot be resolved

SADL View generation failed

An exception was raised

Error occurred when SP CL_XREP_PROVIDER_UICOMP checks file /Y**********_MAIN/SRC/CustomObjects/Object/Object_OWL.OWL.uicomponent

Error occurred in check method of SP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ThiagoSarmento
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi ahmedelgammal5334,

When adding and binding a transient field on the OWL, a connection is created to the SADL query, but this will result into this error as the transient field will have no value on loading.

You can try unchecking the transient field result column in the SADL query of the OWL.

Best regards,

Thiago

ahmedelgammal5334
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Thiago

you are right but if i unchecked the result column for that element the data model element also get deleted so right it will get activated but it's useless.

ThiagoSarmento
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Usually, transient fields are used for calculations within an AfterLoading script or this field is placed on a different screen, such as the TI or OIF.