cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to deploy .mtar file

Pujita
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello all, I am in the learning phase of SAP BTP and CAP based application development. I was following the tutorial on creating a CAP application using node-js and VScode. At the deployment phase, when I used the command 'cf deploy cpapp_1.0.0.mtar', the process started but at the end it gave an error saying "Error starting application "cpapp-srv": Some instances have crashed. Check the logs of your application for more information. Download the application logs via the dmol command and check them for more information."

I am logged into my cloud foundry environment and can see the services and the apps using the 'cf services' and 'cf apps' commands but accessing the app routes on the browser leads me to a 404 page that says that the requested route doesn't exist. And while checking the service instances on the SAP BTP cockpit, the apps are binding to the service instances, but there are no service keys being formed.

Screenshot 2024-04-30 102402.pngScreenshot 2024-04-30 113506.png

I've followed all the steps very carefully and also checked the prerequisites before starting the tutorials. Please tell me where I could've gone wrong. Any tips and suggestions for troubleshooting will be appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,

Pujita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Willem_Pardaens
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As the error suggests you should consult the logs of the application that failed to start, not just the logs of the MTA deployment. You can do this with the `cf logs cpapp-srv --recent` command, or look in the BTP Cockpit in the Logs section of the deployed application.