Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install ABAP AS 7.52 SP04 on Fedora 33

akki_gt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to install the server but unable to proceed as the process ends as shown in the attached screenshot. It's the result after getting running "./install.sh" command. I am following the guide Installing AS ABAP 752 SP04 on Linux: Oracle Virtual Box [ Developer Edition] for installing it on a standalone Fedora OS without Virtual box. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Akshay

zhanatay
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello!

Have you watched the Product Availability Matrix?

https://apps.support.sap.com/sap/support/pam

As far as I know, Linux is supported by SUSE and REDHAT for this platform, so sapinst does not start for you.
akki_gt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Zhanatay,

I would like to state here that i was able to install and run 752 SP2 on Fedora 28 successfully. Things went haywire and had thought of installing SP04. And as you can see, the installation doesn't go through completely.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

akki_gt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello People,

I happen to get the server up and running on fedora 29(without virtual box). Later upgraded to 31->33 and the startsap ALL is stuck at starting db. Could be kernel version that prevents db from starting. Fedora 28/29 comes with kernel 4.* version. And after installing dnf update for 29, the kernel upgrades to 5.3.*, which manages to start the server. In case of v33, kernel is 5.9. Again,

this is purely my assumption and understanding.

So, if fedora is something you are looking for, consider fedora 28/29.

Per my observation, while installing on fedora 29, the installation fails as it requires csh and libnsl. Rest, following this blog or the readme file in the installation folder would guide you through the installation process.

Happy coding!

Regards,

Akshay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

From the screenshot, have you checked the two SAP Notes 941735, 900929? based on the SAP notes have you define the Linux memory and storage parameters?

Regards

SS

akki_gt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello S Sriram,

Thank you for your reply. I did try to maintain the parameters as per your suggestion, but no luck with that. I have it running on fedora 29 now without maintaining any parameters.

Thanks & Regards,

Akshay.