cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to "Add New Item" in Solution Explorer

cf-michael
Participant
0 Kudos

I've been developing various Cloud Applications Studio (SDK), CAS for short, in Windows 10 for over a year now. Today I was starting a new project on our test tenant and got an error when I tried to "Add New Item" in the Solution Explorer window.

Everywhere I try to invoke the action/command, whether in the Solution Explorer window's toolbar or the Context Menu, I get the same pop-up error message stating:

Provide value on 'System.Windows.Baml2006.TypeConverterMarkupExtension' threw an exception.

Any help would be appreciated as this stops me from doing my work.

Best Regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member268378
Active Participant

Dear Michael,

We have tested this scenario and could see ‘Add New Item’ in solution explorer is working without any issue.

This could be raised by a missed .Net Framework installed. Can you update your Windows .Net framework to a recent version and re-install SDK and recheck.

Hopefully this will help.

Thanks & Regards,

Deepty

cf-michael
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response, Deepty.

I recognize that this is an issue with my installation/local machine as the same issue is not present in my other machine. I have removed the .NET 3.5 Framework from my Windows 10 laptop through by turning off this Windows feature. I also uninstalled the Cloud Applications Studio 2011build.

I reboot my machine and re-activate the .NET 3.5 Framework feature. The framework downloads and seems to install successfully but after re-installing the Cloud Applications Studio, the problem persisted.

I'm really not knowledgeable the Microsoft .NET frameworks and a little clueless as to how I can resolve the issue as the method I know (which is to install and re-install the application) does not seem to work.

Is there anything else that I can try to fix the issue (short of restoring a previous disk image)?

former_member268378
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

I would suggest you to contact your local IT team to check and fix this issue in your local machine.

This could be due to some corrupted files in your system.

Thanks & Regards,

Deepty