cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send data from SAP PI to Target system (Third party)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to send data from SAP PI to third party Blackline but getting error.

We are getting error as “Error while processing Authorization request: iaik.security.ssl.CertificateException: Peer certificate rejected by ChainVerifier”.

My Scenario:

PI has to connect with target system to get token and with that token, send the main data to target system. So we are also using OAuth 2.0 in REST receiver adapter.

For SSL, we already exported third party certificates (open URL in browser, click on lock icon, and download all certificates, there were in total 4 certificates) and imported in SAP PI (NWA-> Configuration-> Certificate & Keys), but somehow these are not working. We also tried to restart PI server just to make sure that there is no issue from cache perspective, but it did not help.

Please let me know if more details are required.
Any immediate response will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Saurav Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

The error is with SSL certificate verification. Please ensure that all the certificates (root, intermediate, and URL) are imported in TrustedCA. If the certificates are imported and you are still getting errors then it might be related to required cipher suits are not installed in PI/PO server. you can check via XPI inspector logging.

Please verify the below note

https://userapps.support.sap.com/sap/support/knowledge/en/2230007

regards,

0 Kudos

Hi harish.mistri,

I will check the XPI inspector part meanwhile can you please have a look into below concerns:
-> Currently PI system is not secure (PI private key is expired), can it have any impact on issue that i am facing ?
-> There are 4 server certificates that i have imported in client (PI). Bit sizes for 2 certificates are 2048 and for other 2, its 4096. These different sizes of bits in certificates can have any impact on issue we are facing
-> Does sequence of importing certificates (Child, Immediate, Parent, Root) matter ? if yes then what sequence should we follow ?
Chile being the lowest level certificate and Root being the top most certificate
-> How to check which cipher suite is supported by SAP PI ?

Please check and let me know.
Thanks & Regards,

Saurav Kumar