cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use python runtime in HANA Express SP06

sboll
Explorer

I compiled and deployed a python runtime in my fresh HANA Express SP06 (vm-Edition) as described here https://github.com/saphanaacademy/python. The runtime is listed when queried with "xs runtimes". If i try to use it (e.g. by using the test-python-runtime.sh script) i always get the following error:

ERR which: no python3 in (/usr/sap/HXE/HDB90/exe/krb5/bin:/usr/sap/HXE/HDB90/exe/krb5/sbin:...

Has anyone successfully used the newest HANA Express SP06 with a python runtime and can point me in the right direction or can help me resolve this error? I think the runtime seems to forget, where the binaries of the python runtime are located or something like that.

I have used the python runtime in the previous HANA Express SP05 without any problems, but i used the "Installer Version" of HANA back then and wanted to give the "VM-Edition" a try this time.

sboll
Explorer
0 Kudos

If i copy the compiled binaries (renamed them first to e.g. python3 etc.) to the first path specified by the log, the build seems to start, but immediately fails with a new error:

ERR response = urlopen(url, cafile=cafile)

ERR File "/usr/sap/HXE/home/builds/Python-3.10.5/lib/python3.10/urllib/request.py", line

201, in urlopen

ERR raise ValueError('SSL support not available')

ERR ValueError: SSL support not available

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sboll
Explorer

I resolved the issue myself. Here is what i did:

I ended up using Python Version 3.9.13 compiled with the script found in the github-repo.

I copied the python3 executable into /usr/sap/HXE/HDB90/exe/krb5/bin manually and changed it to be used by the system with "sudo chown -c hxeadm:sapsys python3"

After that my python buildpack can stage python apps.

Never had to do this in SP5 so maybe something changed, I don't know, but if anyone has the same issues, this worked "on my machine" 🙂

The ssl-error i had with the latest python 3.10.5 could be reproduced by just entering "import ssl" in the python console. If that fails, don't bother to deploy, it will fail later anyway...

Answers (0)